TFI International Inc.
201 Westcreek Blvd.
L6T 0G8 Your concerns will be addressed in a timely manner.
Canpar Express assigns a unique Barcode Number to each and every parcel shipped with us. This number is provided to the customer sending the parcel and is also displayed on the face of the parcel. The customer alone is responsible for the delivery address provided to Canpar Express. Canpar Express uses this address for shipment purposes only, and assumes no responsibility if there are any objections to shipments being made to the delivery address provided by the customer.
In the off-line world, when you become a Canpar Express customer, your information is entered in the Customer Master File, an internal database containing your Customer Number, company name, contact details, forecasted volumes and discount privileges. The following services provided through our website require that you provide information to us online:
- Request for Proof of Delivery Canpar Express customers may make an on-line request for a copy of the delivery record displaying the name and signature of the person who signed for a parcel on receipt, as well as the address and date of the delivery. A customer must enter their Customer Number or destination postal code, contact details, and the Barcode Numbers of the parcels when ordering a Proof of Delivery. This information is used strictly to provide the customer with the relevant section of the delivery record via fax or postal mail, and to charge the customer's account for the request if not obtained online.
- Becoming a Canpar Express Customer If you are interested in becoming a Canpar Express customer, you may choose to provide Canpar Express with your Business Profile online. You are required to provide contact details and general information on your shipping needs, as well as how they are currently fulfilled. This information is given to a Canpar Express Sales Representative who will contact you to answer your questions, set up your account and ensure that Canpar Express's services meet your highest expectations. We request your shipping volumes, locations and a sense of the kinds of products you ship in order to prepare our salespeople to recommend the right service for you.
- Contacting Canpar Express From Canpar Express's Contact Us page, you can e-mail a question or comment to a Canpar Express Customer Service Representative, a Senior Executive, our Technical Support Group or Website Administrators. Your e-mail address and any information you provide is used strictly to respond to your inquiry. If you have expressed interest in Canpar Express's services for your shipping needs, we will ask you whether we can retain your information, and in effect convert it into a Business Profile, with the possibility of contacting you in the future.
- The status of the parcel (for example, whether it has been delivered or is still in transit).
- If the parcel was delivered, the date and time of the delivery and the name of the person who signed for the parcel.
- The first three digits of the recipient's postal code. This indicates the approximate geographical location of the recipient of the parcel, but does not pinpoint their exact location.
- If requested, customer signature is available on both our main website and customer portal. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have a signature removed from our website.
Although minimal information is derived by entering a valid barcode on-line, Canpar Express uses commercially reasonable efforts to limit access to barcodes to those shipping and receiving a parcel, and to the Canpar Express shippers involved. We provide parcel tracking as a service to our customers and assume no responsibility for misuse of this service or inadvertent disclosure of shipment details.
Barcode numbers can be searched online for approximately one year after being assigned. Barcodes up to three (3) years back can be tracked by e-mailing email@example.com.
None of the information collected by Canpar Express through this website or provided by you in an e-mail message to a Canpar Express representative is transferred to a third party. We do not sell, trade or share any of your personal information with any other companies. However, we will release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate in order to comply with the law, for example if we receive a subpoena or court order.
Your Customer Master File record is never disclosed outside of Canpar Express or its agencies. The personal information contained in the Customer Master File may be used to create anonymous, aggregate data, such as the number of Canpar Express customers in a particular area. This data may be used in advertising and marketing materials but contains no personal information.
Barcodes older than three (3) years are stored on tape in an off-site database for another four (4) years before being deleted. Off-site storage is also used for nightly backups of the Customer Master File that are retained for sixty (60) days before being overwritten. All paper records being destroyed are shredded by Canpar Express.
If you are not a Canpar Express customer and would prefer Canpar Express to permanently delete any information we have about you (i.e. Business Profiles), please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will immediately carry out this request and you will receive no further communications from Canpar Express. Please note that it may be impossible to delete your information completely without some residual information temporarily remaining in backups.
Canpar Express customers can obtain access to their Customer Master File record by sending a written request to email@example.com. A Customer Service Representative will contact you and give you a detailed description of the information Canpar Express possesses about you. Any changes to a Customer Master File record must be requested in writing.
The Customer Master File and the database of barcodes are both stored on internal secure servers also protected by our firewall and accessible through Canpar Express's corporate LAN. Access privileges are configured such that only authorized employees who need to know the information contained in these databases have access to them.